Slack is the main cause of failed tourniquet application. SAM XT's TRUFORCE™ Buckle technology auto-locks at a predetermined amount of circumferential force, eliminating nearly all tourniquet slack. Simply CLICK, TWIST, and SECURE for a life-preserving tourniquet application.
SAM XT’s innovative design requires fewer adjustments and decreases application variation through consistent anticipation of windlass turns. Explore below to learn more about the TRUFLEX™ Plate, Metal Windlass Rod, Time Band, and Precision Strap and how the design supports intuitive use.
- PACKAGED SIZE & WEIGHT:
- Length: 2.5 in (6.3 cm)
- Width: 1.5 in (3.8 cm)
- Height: 7.25 in (18.4 cm)
- Weight: 3.8 oz (108 g)
- OPERATING SPECIFICATIONS TRUFORCE™: Buckle technology auto-locks to engage strap holes within circumferential range: 5.5 in - 35 in (13.9 cm - 88.9 cm)
- TIME BAND: Weather-resistant hook and loop system functions when fully submerged, providing maximum security in the harshest weather. Outer material is optimized for night vision.
- WINDLASS C-HOOKS: Secures the Metal Windlass Rod using an intuitive angular design, making windlass locking easier and more efficient.
- TRUFLEX™ PLATE: Durable nylon construction distributes force as targeted pressure for maximum strength and flexibility, able to bend on smaller extremities without breaking.
- TRUFORCE™ BUCKLE: Innovative auto-lock technology activates locking prongs, eliminating slack typically found in all other tourniquet applications.
- METAL WINDLASS ROD: Machined from extruded bars of strong, lightweight 6061-T6 true billet aluminum for consistent reliability when compared to plastic composites.
- PRECISION STRAP: Velcro-dependent tourniquets can fail when wet or dirty. The all-weather Precision Strap is made of single-layer nylon webbing. It features intervaled holes that lock with the TRUFORCE™ Buckle to create a consistent, efficient primary security system. The secondary hook and loop system secures the remaining strap, adding stability and safety.
- PRECISION TAB: Intuitive design allows for quicker, easier tourniquet application. Material is optimized for night vision.