This CAT (Combat Application Tourniquet) is a small and lightweight one-handed tourniquet that completely occludes arterial blood flow in an extremity. It uses a Self-Adhering Band and a Friction Adaptor Buckle to fit a wide range of extremities combined with a one-handed windlass system. The windlass uses a free moving internal band to provide true circumferential pressure to an extremity. The windlass is then locked in place; this requires only one hand, with the Windlass Clip™. It also has a Hook-and-Loop Windlass Strap™ for further securing of the windlass during patient transport. C.A.T Resources has developed the all-new C.A.T® GEN7. Following extensive field reviews, the C.A.T® GEN7 has been completely re-designed, making it the most effective Combat Application Tourniquet® to date. The new GEN7 is simpler to use thanks to a single application protocol, single buckle routing system and further improvements to its components and construction.
- SINGLE ROUTING BUCKLE: Decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, simplified training with single protocol application standards
- WINDLASS ROD: Increased diameter, enhanced strength, aggressive ribbing improves grip
- WINDLASS CLIP: Bilateral beveled entry, rapid windlass lock, bilateral buttress, added strength
- WINDLASS STRAP: New reinforced strap, gray color for tactical considerations (Black only)
- STABILIZATION PLATE: Reinforced, beveled contact bar, improved comfort
- FREE-MOVING INTERNAL BAND: Patented band within band, truly even distribution of circumferential pressure